Loading...

Crafting for a cause

This year the kids wanted to take part in the giving tree and the princes preschool. We adopted a 2 year old little girl, a 3 year old little boy, and an 8 year old little boy. As I read the letters for each one tears streamed down my face. These poor things aren't even asking for toys just things they can call their own. A toothbrush, a bath towel, a nice sweat shirt, a blanket. They don't even have a place to call home and they asked for a box to put them in. I am lovingly making so many things for my family I wanted to share that love with little kids that don't have someone to do that for them. It just breaks my heart thinking about them, what I would really love to do is pick them up and take them home!!













Here is the blanket I made for the 3 year old little boy. I scored 20 yards of fleece for $2.00 a yard. I used my cricut to create a template for the Dinosaur. I traced it onto the blue fleece and cut it out. Then I used embroidery floss to add the details. I then used a satin stich to sew it on to the blanket top. Finally I just stiched the blanket together. It makes me smile thinking that just maybe that little boy will find some comfort from something I made! I will share the others as I get them done.
fleece 2417780037145684904

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Search This Blog

Advertise in the House of Sass

Popular Posts