Loading...

It Smells like Christmas-DIY Stovetop Simmering Potpourri

Today I am sharing a fun little fact about me.  I have a super nose and I am all about smells. In fact I buy my houses based on how they smell.  I remember walking into one when we were looking that smelled like salami.  Yeah we didn't buy it. Now don't get me wrong I like salami but that does not say warm and cozy home.  Home should smell like home not salami!


This stovetop potpourri is a sure fire to way to make your home smell amazing.   Our sense of smell can bring back so many memories. I love the when a great smelling man walks by, I love how the smell of coffee reminds me of my grandparents home, and I love how this stovetop simmering potpourri smells exactly like Christmas morning.  


This cuteness is simple to put together:

1-2 dried orange slice ( I dried them in my oven)
1/2 TBS dried cloves
1 small fresh evergreen sprig
1 small cinnamon stick

To use just fill a small pot with water and place the ingredients in the pot.  Bring to a simmer and breathe deep.   No chemicals, no yuck just happy memories.

PS.  This also works really well in a tiny crockpot!

I packaged these cuties up for the craft fair that is rapidly approaching.

Happy Holidays,

Miss Jenny








Holidays 1344360311400923457

Post a Comment

  1. Do you have a pdf of the tag? I like this for teacher gifts at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! How long would you say it would last between making them and when they had to be used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dried orange peel rather then throw them out and they work just as well in potpourri and no waste.

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Search This Blog

Advertise in the House of Sass

Popular Posts