Loading...

DIY-Chair makeover no sew skirt

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a fantastic holiday.  We sure did, Prince Charming took a week off and we just goofed around as a family, it was great!

I have taken a little hiatus to just breath. I said yes to way too many things in December and so I needed some time to just be still. You know how that is right?

Well I was still for a little while and then……

it was makeover time!

chair

I redid this chair, again!  It was cute but it was looking too shabby!  White plus 3 year old not the best choice!  You can see how this chair started out here.  Next time I tell you I am painting something white remind me about this.  Oh snap…. I already did when you weren’t looking but this time it wasn’t a chair.

DSC_0238

Recovering chairs is the easiest thing to do if you can staple you can do this.  I didn’t sew a single stitch on this chair.

DSC_0241

 I don’t have step by step photos of the construction because I decided this project simply had to be done, 1 day before we had 18 guests coming over.  All I did was cut the main piece of fabric to be a few inches bigger than the seat and stapled it on along with the batting I had already used previously.   I used a painters drop cloth for this and man do I love how durable it is!

DSC_0242

To create the ruffled skirt I simply cut the seam section off the drop cloth and strategically stapled pleats. You can make your drop length be whatever you would like I used 6 inches.  Isn’t it funny how different something looks with a little paint and a skirt!

I have a big reveal coming up but I have a few finishing touches before I can show you!

Makeover 5359787355576085826

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Search This Blog

Advertise in the House of Sass

Popular Posts