Camping food-Dump Cake
Hey everyone! We are getting ready to head up to our favorite camping spot, so I thought I would share a really yummy and super easy camping recipe.
Dump Cake is called dump cake because you do just that you dump it all in, and don’t stir it. I know it sounds crazy but trust me it is awesome!
1 can pie filling any flavor you like
1 cake mix any flavor
1 stick of butter
1 can of soda any flavor
1. Pour the pie filling in a dutch oven. I line mine with foil to make clean up a breeze
2. Dump the dry cake mix on top
3. Dice up the butter and dump that on top.
4. Pour 1 can of soda on the whole thing.
5. Cover the dutch oven with a lid and place on hot coals with a few on top as well. Allow the cake to bake for about 20-30 minutes.
See super easy but amazing!!! The photo is apple with yellow cake mix and a sprite. Are you impressed I remembered to take a photo for my blog while camping? Hence the fancy styling of a paper plate!
Black forest is also amazing. Use cherry pie filling, chocolate cake mix and a coke mmmmmm! You can also use a can of peaches yummy! I was wondering if maybe mandarin oranges would work and an orange soda??
You can serve it with ice cream if you so desire.