DIY-Photo Coasters for mom
You can use these super simple supplies to create an adorable gift! You will need tissue paper, mod podge, tumbled tiles, a paint brush, acrylic sealer and some sort of backing for step 7.
1. We are going to start by printing our photos on tissue paper. To do this you need to securely tape a piece of tissue paper to a regular sheet of printer paper. Then simply run it through your printer. I like the look of black and white but color works great too.
2. After you print your pictures you will have something that looks like this. 3. Cut your photo to fit on the tile.
4. Apply a thin coat of mod podge on the entire tile.
5. Gently smooth your photo on the tile.
6. Apply another thin coat over the entire tile.
7. To finish them off you will want to seal them with an acrylic sealer otherwise the ink may run if they get really wet. I finished the back off with these little self adhesive cork disk that I found at Home Depot. You can also use felt if you like.
I made a set of 4 for my mom for mother’s day. They are so cute I have to make me a set. These tiles cost about 35 cents to make, but I think they are priceless!