Loading...

Sweetheart Jello Popcorn balls

I have a fun little treat to make today. Jello popcorn balls! Now I know you are thinking ewwww fruit with popcorn, but don't knock it. When I first made these I thought the same thing, but here I sit with keyboard sticking to my fingers licking my lips because they are soooooo darn good. In honor of valentines day I made them heart shape. This is a fantastic treat to make with the kids. They are super simple and the kids will have no trouble making them, even the 3 year old does just great! Today he kept saying, "uh oh that piece fell off I better just eat it." He doesn't want to waste it!


Jello Popcorn Balls



1 cup corn syrup (not to be mistaken for maple syrup this is clear)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 4 serving package of jello any flavor (We have had strawberry, the watermelon tropical fusion and cherry all fantastic
12 cups popped popcorn unsalted and unbuttered. (you could try the salty stuff but that doesn't sound good to me but hey it is your recipe)




1. I usually pop my popcorn first because this will go super fast. I use the cub scout unpopped kernels they really are the best and an air popper.





2. Combine the corn syrup and sugar in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium high heat stirring occasionally until it comes to a nice rolling boil. Boil for one minute.






3. Remove the syrup from the stove and stir in the jello until dissolved.







4. Pour the syrup over the popcorn and stir well to coat evenly.







5. Let it cool for a few minutes so you don't burn yourself. Dip your hands in water to keep the popcorn from sticking to you. If you want to shape them simply dip a cookie cutter in water and press the popcorn into the cookie cutter. If you are forming balls simply roll them in your hands like play dough. Place the finished balls on wax paper. Once they have cooled they will lose some of the stickiness so you can store them easier.




Cute huh!



Enjoy-


The Whimsical Princess
Valentines Day 6939652934922908362

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Search This Blog

Advertise in the House of Sass

Popular Posts