Loading...

Stair rail Candle Holders

I am working on changing my decor, right now it is early Walmart LOL! I just have never been able to get the look I like. Well thanks to blog world my brain is overflowing with fantastic ideas! Check out the buttons on the right for more great ideas. I have a giant mantle with 3 big windows behind it and that makes it really hard to decorate. Everything seems to shrink when I put it up there. Must be some kind of magical spell on it! I wanted to have some really big candle holders up there but I really didn't like the price tags on the ones I have seen. So I made my own and they only cost $1.50 for two!!!

Here is what you do:



Find one old ugly stair rail. This one had nice lines to it and was $1.50 so I knew it was the perfect choice! I wish they had two, but one was going to have to work.



I cut the rail down to make two candle holders. I added an unfinished wood piece to the top for the candle to sit. This was only 15 cents for two!



With magic of black spray paint there you have it! Two big cute candle holders for $1.50. This is not where they are going to live but for the picture I had to move them. I might distress them but I want to live with them for a little while first.
Thrift finds 7259071847474522896

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Search This Blog

Advertise in the House of Sass

Popular Posts